APEGA - University Outreach
APEGA’s University Outreach department and its volunteers provide valuable knowledge, encouragement, and experience to young adults preparing to enter the industry. We are looking for volunteers like you to help the engineers and geoscientists of tomorrow navigate the complicated path of starting their careers. If you’re an established or newly licensed professional member, you are a valuable resource to both the profession and to those looking to enter it. Join us at one of our upcoming career-building events for a chance to share your experience and knowledge. Help students build vital career-search skills, network, and share your story with tomorrow’s professional engineers and geoscientists. Human resources professionals and members with hiring experience are encouraged to apply for these opportunities.
What we do
- Inspire young people to choose careers in engineering, geoscience and STEM
- Provide valuable guidance through initiatives such as resume reviews and mock interviews to help new graduates and aspiring professionals get a head start on their careers
- Help graduates and members-in-training build their professional networks with hosted networking events
What we’re looking for
- Members and non-members (especially human resources professionals) with hiring experience
- Passionate science advocates who love to share their knowledge
- Professional members with expertise in the areas of robotics, mechanical engineering, and coding to mentor student special projects
The APEGA Nexus Conference will bring together new and seasoned professional engineers and geoscientists for two days of expert-led sessions on industry innovation, technical competence, and regulation in Alberta.
In addition to these scheduled sessions, we are offering conference attendees the opportunity to come together during four networking blocks to interact with their peers and talk about what matters to them.
During each networking time block, attendees can access a variety of themed rooms, as well as several general (open) rooms. Attendees can come and go from the rooms as they like. The networking rooms will be hosted on the Webex platform.