Infrastructure and Environment
Environment and Sustainability Volunteering with Ipswich City Council
Our programs are recruiting new volunteers. If you would like more information, please see opportunities below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bush care volunteers - For more information select from the list of groups below. Before applying, please read the Bushcare and Parkcare Volunteer Position Description found here. For Bushcare and Parkcare Group Leaders Volunteer Position Description click here.
Environmental Education Centre Volunteers. For more information - please read the Position Description found here.
Ipswich Nature Centre Queens Park. For more information - please read the Position Description found here.
Please click here to return to the Home Page.
- Environmental Education Centre
- Nature Centre - Animal Care Role
- Expressions of Interests to Start Your Own Bushcare or Parkcare Group - Intake on Hold
- Bushcare Volunteer - Garden of Eden Project, Cribb Park - North Ipswich
- Bushcare Volunteer - Mason's Gully Regenerative Project - Rosewood
- Bushcare Volunteer - Peace Park Arboretum, Rosewood – run by Native Plants QLD
- Bushcare Volunteer - Opossum Creek Regenerative Project, Brookwater
- Queens Park Glasshouse Project - run by Glebe Garden Club
- Bushcare Volunteer - Denmark Hill Conservation Reserve
- Bushcare Volunteer - Lorikeet St Reserve Bundamba
- Bushcare Volunteer - Friends of the Wetlands - Tivoli
- Bushcare Volunteer - Friends of Smith Park - Woodend
- Environment Event Volunteers
- Nature Centre - Visitor Experience role
Ipswich City Council partners with a variety of groups that aim to conserve, restore and protect natural areas within council boundaries. Whether you'd like to be a weekend warrior or a regular member of a Bushcare group near you, there's lots of great groups to volunteer with in Ipswich. Sounds good? Register your interest here
You might enjoy this role if:
• You are passionate about caring for our natural environment
• Like working outdoors in a hands-on role
• Enjoy working with a diverse range of people
• Can make a regular commitment to the group (once a month).
Recruitment Status: Positions Available
How many volunteers are needed? Unlimited, bring your friends!
Pre-Requisites: New volunteers can simply show up on the day to try out the opportunity. All new recruits must sign a waiver form before starting work. These are available on the day. Those wanting to join as a regular group member after volunteering a few times will be given a volunteer induction pack so they can register online and continue supporting the group. Register and regular volunteers are provided with a hat, safety goggles and rip resistance gloves.
Please wear gloves, a hat and closed in shoes, and bring drinking water and your own snacks. Sunscreen and first aid kits are available.
Volunteers at the library enhance the experience of library visitors and provide support for projects, programs and events.
Please see below a list of current volunteering opportunities. Thank you for your interest in our volunteer program and we hope to hear from you soon.
Please click here to return to the Home Page.
Ipswich Visitor Information Centre
Welcome to the Tourism Volunteering Portal
The Ipswich Visitor Information Centre is an award-winning operation located in Ipswich City for the convenience of visiting tourists. With a wide variety of tourist information and brochures, onsite cafe facilities and locally produced merchandise for sale there is lots to offer our visitors.
The Ipswich Visitor Volunteer Ambassadors possess excellent local knowledge and have the desire to help visitors get the most out of their Ipswich experience. Ambassadors play an integral role in assisting visitors with booking services for tours, accommodation, and ticketing; and possess a warm and helpful outlook.
Volunteers benefit from a friendly and fun environment, regular familiarisation training and annual recognition events. As part of the greater tourism team, ambassadors will have the opportunity to volunteer at major events, tours and activations.
Ideal volunteer candidates will have:
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to represent the Ipswich City Council with a wide range of external customers.
- Be able to provide exemplary customer service and support, assist visitors with guidance, directions and information which will enhance their destination experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Have flexible availability for a 7 day a week operation.
Ready to get started? Click the current opportunities below to complete your application.