Festivals and Events
Welcome to the Festivals and Events Volunteer Page
Ipswich Festivals coordinate a variety of annual events including SPARK Ipswich, Planes Trains and Autos, Galvanized and Christmas in Ipswich with a wide range of volunteering opportunities.
Being a volunteer with Ipswich Festivals is a highly rewarding experience. The benefits of event volunteering include: Building social skills and personal confidence, career growth and learning new practical skills and giving back to the community.
Ideal volunteer candidates will have:
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to represent the Ipswich City Council with a wide range of external customers.
- Be able to provide exemplary customer service and support, assist visitors to the events with guidance, directions and information which will enhance their experience, and ensure the safety of patrons.
- Be fully able bodied with no physical limitations as majority of the roles will require standing for long periods of time.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment and take direction from event staff.
- Have flexible availability during the festival timeframes, which often fall on weekends and evenings.
Ready to get started? Click the current opportunities below to complete your application.