Infrastructure and Environment
Environment and Sustainability Volunteering with Ipswich City Council
Our programs are recruiting new volunteers. If you would like more information, please see opportunities below or email email@example.com
Bush care volunteers - For more information select from the list of groups below. Before applying, please read the Bushcare and Parkcare Volunteer Position Description found here. For Bushcare and Parkcare Group Leaders Volunteer Position Description click here.
Environmental Education Centre Volunteers. For more information - please read the Position Description found here.
Ipswich Nature Centre Queens Park. For more information - please read the Position Description found here.
Please click here to return to the Home Page.
- Environmental Education Centre
- Nature Centre - Animal Care Role
- Expressions of Interests to Start Your Own Bushcare or Parkcare Group - Intake on Hold
- Bushcare Volunteer - Garden of Eden Project, Cribb Park - North Ipswich
- Bushcare Volunteer - Mason's Gully Regenerative Project - Rosewood
- Bushcare Volunteer - Peace Park Arboretum, Rosewood – run by Native Plants QLD
- Bushcare Volunteer - Opossum Creek Regenerative Project, Brookwater
- Bushcare Volunteer- Woogaroo Creek- Eugene street, Bellbird Park
- Bushcare Volunteer- Silkstone- Jim Donald Wetlands
- Queens Park Glasshouse Project - run by Glebe Garden Club
- Bushcare Volunteer - Denmark Hill Conservation Reserve
- Bushcare Volunteer - Lorikeet St Reserve Bundamba
- Bushcare Volunteer - Friends of the Wetlands - Tivoli
- Bushcare Volunteer - Friends of Smith Park - Woodend
- Environment Event Volunteers
- Nature Centre - Visitor Experience role
Ipswich City Council partners with a variety of groups that aim to conserve, restore and protect natural areas within council boundaries. Whether you'd like to be a weekend warrior or a regular member of a Bushcare group near you, there's lots of great groups to volunteer with in Ipswich. Sounds good? Register your interest here
You might enjoy this role if:
• You are passionate about caring for our natural environment
• Like working outdoors in a hands-on role
• Enjoy working with a diverse range of people
• Can make a regular commitment to the group (once a month).
Recruitment Status: Positions Available
How many volunteers are needed? Unlimited, bring your friends!
Pre-Requisites: New volunteers can simply show up on the day to try out the opportunity. All new recruits must sign a waiver form before starting work. These are available on the day. Those wanting to join as a regular group member after volunteering a few times will be given a volunteer induction pack so they can register online and continue supporting the group. Register and regular volunteers are provided with a hat, safety goggles and rip resistance gloves.
Please wear gloves, a hat and closed in shoes, and bring drinking water and your own snacks. Sunscreen and first aid kits are available.