Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Tŷ Hafan and taking the first steps in helping us to make a short life, a full life.
Our current Volunteer Vacancies are outlined below. There is a huge range of ways you can volunteer for Tŷ Hafan, and it really doesn’t matter how much time you give. Every hour is precious and gratefully received.
Once you have found a role you like the sound of, you can apply by clicking the title of the general interest and then click the "fill in an application" button.
If you are interested in volunteering for Tŷ Hafan but the role you would like to do is not listed below, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are open to discussing and creating new roles which suit you, your skills and/or experience.
Please note, while we at Tŷ Hafan pride ourselves on being inclusive of all individuals who wish to volunteer, we are not currently a sponsor license holder so we are not able to support any overseas VISA applications.
Retail Maintenance Volunteer
Maintenance Volunteers provide vital assistance in helping us to maintain our Retail buildings and to ensure our shops are well presented and inviting, as well as being a safe and welcoming work environment for our staff and retail volunteers.
• Minimum age requirement: 18
• Location: Shops across South & West Wales (using company vehicle)
• Hours: Flexible (min 4 per week, Mon-Fri)
The purpose of this role
- To assist the Retail team with maintenance related tasks
Activities you will be involved in:
- Internal painting
- Changing lightbulbs
- Minor cosmetic repairs
- Supporting with any other general D.I.Y and maintenance tasks as needed
We understand that not all tasks will suit all volunteers, so your likes, dislikes, strengths and preferences will be considered when allocating tasks. All tasks will be issued under instruction from the Shop Support Team with transport, materials and access to tools provided.
What skills will I need?
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work safely and to not endanger yourself or others, maintaining a safe working environment at all times
- Experience or a keen interest in DIY/maintenance related tasks (professional or hobby)
Information on training provided
- Full induction provided by our volunteering and Retail department
- Health and safety training
- Support and guidance from the Facilities team
- Regular volunteer meetings
Benefits of volunteering:
- Become part of the Tŷ Hafan team and family
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Personal satisfaction of giving back to the community and helping to make a difference
- Sharing/gaining new skills, knowledge and experience to help Tŷ Hafan achieve their goal
- Opportunity to obtain a professional reference after 3 months (if required)
- Most importantly - have fun!
You can apply by clicking the “apply now” button below. You will be asked to complete a volunteer application form and provide two references.
If you are unable to provide references for any reason, please do not be discouraged from applying. Just pop us a message and we will be able to help.
If volunteering at Head Office, a Basic DBS check is required. Hospice based volunteers will require either a Standard or Enhanced DBS.
If you have any questions before applying, please feel free to email email@example.com
This role is purely voluntary, and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.