Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Tŷ Hafan and taking the first steps to helping us make a short life, a full life.
Our current Volunteer Roles are outlined below. Please take your time in looking for a role which interests you.
Once you have found a role you like, you can apply by clicking the "fill in an application button".
If you are interested in volunteering for Tŷ Hafan but don't feel any of the below roles suit you, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, as we are open to discussing and creating new roles which suit your skills and lifestyle.
Please note, while we at Tŷ Hafan pride ourselves on being inclusive of all individuals who wish to volunteer, we are not currently a sponsor license holder so we are not able to support any overseas VISA applications.
Tŷ Hafan are looking for friendly and experienced volunteers to join our team of receptionists. We are looking for volunteers who can commit to a half day (1-5 PM) on either Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, or Wednesday AM (9-1)
Place of Volunteering: Tŷ Hafan Hospice, Sully, Vale of Glamorgan.
Starting date: ASAP after satisfactory references and DBS check.
Application requirements: Over 18’s only for this role, Standard DBS check, two satisfactory references.
About the role:
This role will involve warmly welcoming patients and their families in receipt of our healthcare services as well as welcoming visitors and staff. The role includes a large element of administrative duties including answering telephone calls, redirecting queries to the correct departments and supporting the admin team in other various ad-hoc activities. A good level of I.T. competency and reception/admin type experience is necessary for this role. While the volunteer carrying out this role will be supervised by other members of the reception/admin team, due to current COVID-19 restrictions, a certain level of autonomy will be expected.
What activities will you be involved in?
• Meeting and greeting
• Answering/redirecting calls
• Photocopying, scanning and filing
• Administrative activities as part of projects to support the team
What skills will I need?
• Approachable, trustworthy and adaptable
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as to own initiative
• Good level of I.T. competency in the use of software systems and Microsoft package
• Good communication skills
• Comfortable answering calls and speaking on the phone in a polite and friendly manner
• Previous reception/admin experience is preferred but not a necessary requirement
Information on training provided:
• Full induction will be provided
• Support and guidance by other members of staff
• Data Protection
Benefits of Volunteering:
• Become part of the Ty Hafan team and family
• Meet new people and make new friends
• Personal satisfaction of giving back to the community
• Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience
• Sharing your skills, knowledge and experience to benefit Ty Hafan’s goal
• Gain experience for your CV
• Most importantly – have fun!
- You can apply by clicking the “fill in an application” button to the right of this page.
- You will be asked to complete a volunteer application form and provide two references.
- If you are unable to provide references for any reason, please do not be discouraged from applying. Just pop us a message and we will be able to help.
- A Standard DBS check is required for this role. We cover the cost of the DBS.
If you have any questions before applying, please feel free to email email@example.com
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.
About Tŷ Hafan:
Tŷ Hafan is a leading Welsh children's charity, with our hospice and headquarters based in Sully, Vale of Glamorgan.
We provide comfort, care and fun to children with life-limiting conditions, whilst supporting their families and helping them to make a short life, a full life; creating precious memories and helping them to make the most of the time they have together.
We would love to have you on our team!
Whatever time or skills you have to offer, you can make a difference to the lives of life-limited children, and their families, in Wales, today.