Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Tŷ Hafan and taking the first steps in helping us to make a short life, a full life.
Our current Volunteer Vacancies are outlined below. There is a huge range of ways you can volunteer for Tŷ Hafan, and it really doesn’t matter how much time you give. Every hour is precious and gratefully received.
Once you have found a role you like the sound of, you can apply by clicking the title of the general interest and then click the "fill in an application" button.
If you are interested in volunteering for Tŷ Hafan but the role you would like to do is not listed below, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
We are open to discussing and creating new roles which suit you, your skills and/or experience.
Please note, while we at Tŷ Hafan pride ourselves on being inclusive of all individuals who wish to volunteer, we are not currently a sponsor license holder so we are not able to support any overseas VISA applications.
Our Current Roles:
Hospice Maintenance Volunteer
Maintenance Volunteers provide vital assistance, helping us to maintain our Hospice and Head Office buildings and surrounding grounds, internally and externally, for the benefit of the children and families who utilize our services.
Providing care and support is something we are only able to do because of the kindness and commitment of our wonderful staff, supporters and volunteers.
• Minimum age requirement: 18
• Location: Ty Hafan, Hayes Road, Sully, Penarth, CF64 5XX
• Hours: Flexible (min 4 per week, Mon-Fri)
The purpose of this role
This role will be based at Tŷ Hafan’s Children's Hospice in Sully, assisting the facilities team with maintenance related tasks.
What activities will you be involved in?
*Certain tasks will suit volunteers’ likes, dislikes and strengths and this will be taken into account when allocating tasks.
• Internal and external painting
• Clearing footpaths
• Minor cosmetic repairs
• Water fountain maintenance
• Assisting our team of volunteer gardeners with tasks such as pruning and weeding
• Supporting any other general D.I.Y and maintenance tasks
All tasks will be issued under instruction from the facilities department and full support is povided.
What skills will I need?
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently
• Ability to work safely and to not endanger yourself or others and maintain a safe working environment
• Interest or experience (professional or hobby) in DIY/maintenance related tasks
Information on training provided
• Full induction provided by our volunteering and facilities departments
• Health and safety training
• Support and guidance from the facilities team
• Regular volunteer meetings
Benefit of volunteering
• Become part of the Tŷ Hafan team and family
• Meet new people and make new friend
• Personal satisfaction of giving back to the community
• Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience or share yours to benefit Tŷ Hafans goal
• Have fun!
How to apply
Please click here to fill in an application form.
You will be asked to provide details of two referees and an Enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.