Head Office & Community
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Tŷ Hafan and taking the first steps in helping us to make a short life, a full life.
Our current Volunteer Vacancies are outlined below. There is a huge range of ways you can volunteer for Tŷ Hafan, and it really doesn’t matter how much time you give. Every hour is precious and gratefully received.
Once you have found a role you like the sound of, you can apply by clicking the title of the general interest and then click the "fill in an application" button.
If you are interested in volunteering for Tŷ Hafan but the role you would like to do is not listed below, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are open to discussing and creating new roles which suit you, your skills and/or experience.
Please note, while we at Tŷ Hafan pride ourselves on being inclusive of all individuals who wish to volunteer, we are not currently a sponsor license holder so we are not able to support any overseas VISA applications.
Head Office/Community Roles
We are looking for enthusiastic and green fingered volunteers to help us maintain our new idyllic memorial garden in the Knap, Barry.
About the volunteering role
This role will be based at our new plot of land in the Knap, Barry, assisting fellow volunteers with seasonal gardening tasks throughout the year. Some tasks are physically demanding and require a level of manual dexterity.
Minimum age requirement: 18
Location: Lakeside, The , Barry, CF62 6YU
Time commitment: Flexible around your availability
What activities would you be involved in?
- General garden maintenance
- Keeping grounds clean, tidy and presentable
- Using small gardening tools or larger equipment such as a leaf blower
- Minor painting
What skills will I need?
- A warm and friendly disposition
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work safely and to not endanger yourself or others and maintain a safe working environment
Information on training provided
- Full induction
- Manual Handling training
- Health and safety training
- Support and guidance from the wider team
Benefit of volunteering
- Become part of the Tŷ Hafan team and family
- Meet new people and make new friend
- Personal satisfaction of giving back to the community
- Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience or share yours to benefit Tŷ Hafans' goal
- Have fun!
How to apply
You will be asked to complete an application form upon joining and provide details of two referees ( 1 professional & 1 character)
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.