Volunteering in the shelter allows you to work hands on with animals and is incredibly rewarding and inspiring. Prior experience is not essential, but a passion for animal welfare, the desire to work with others and a sense of maturity is vital.
Some tasks include walking dogs, cleaning pens and enclosures and giving shelter animals some TLC.
These roles are a unique opportunity to make a difference, but they can be physically demanding, can require work outdoors in all weather and can sometimes involve smelly and dirty work!
You might feel emotional about the animals you’re working with and may find this difficult, but ultimately the reward is that you’re making a huge, positive difference to their lives – and yours!
Not all sites are recruiting all the time, so check back regularly to see if your local shelter is recruiting!
- Burwood: Laundry and Storeroom Assistant
- Burwood: Animal Care Assistant
- Peninsula: Animal Care Assistant
- Wangaratta: Animal Care Assistant
- Warrnambool: Animal Care Assistant
- Warrnambool: Volunteer Driver
- Burwood: Barn Assistant Volunteer
- Burwood - Clinic Assistant
- Burwood - Admissions/Wildlife Assistant
- Peninsula: Garden Maintenance Volunteer
- Peninsula: Horse and Livestock Assistant