1. Advocacy and Promotion
We are in the market for some volunteers to work with us on the new build project (Langdons Road, Christchurch) and in particular attend some events “wearing a hard hat” to raise awareness of the project and the fundraising element.
Some examples would be:
- Be part of the project activation during the Agricultural Show in November
- Support the SunSmart van at community events with specific building project content
- Other events specifically targeted to the build project
- There may also be the need for some assistance with engaging with local businesses, organisations within their communities.
Attributes would be:
- Confident dealing with the public
- Some tech ability – an example will be to be able to work with iPads at events
- Available weekends
Don't fret - we will provide with training and information needed about the project. We are wanting people that we can share the excitement with. Click the link below to apply.
Too Many Cooks Committee - Christchurch
The Cancer Society Fundraising team are looking for a group of passionate and self-motivated volunteers who will be responsible for coordinating, developing, and administering the auction items/prizes that will be presented to guests at our “Too Many Cooks” event. The Auction is the main attraction of this event. Think items that people will have fun bidding on!
If you know businesses or prizes that would be an asset to this auction, or, if you are keen to help us coordinate these items, please fill in an application: 1. Fundraising - Too Many Cooks Committee
Merivale Mall Christmas Wrapping Station
The kind folks at Merivale Mall have offered us a spot to do Christmas wrapping in return for donations.
This role would work on a roster and you can sign up for shifts of your choice. Each shift would be approximately 3 or 4 hours each.
We would require a minimum of two staff for each shift starting from Saturday 3rd December to Saturday 24th December.
3. Health Promotion
The Health Promotion team is looking for some volunteers who could telephone / visit café’s to promote the Fresh Air Project and encourage café’s, restaurants etc to sign up to the Fresh Air Project.
The Fresh Air Project started with a 6 month pilot in Christchurch in 2016. 18 of the 20 venues that started the pilot wanted to remain smokefree and vapefree. Since then, Coffee Culture decided to make all stores Fresh Air Project venues (in 2018), we have welcomed some more venues in Akaroa, North Canterbury, Selwyn, and South Canterbury and we have supported other regions like Nelson and Tasman, Southland and Otago, Wairarapa and Whangarei to develop regional Fresh Air Projects.
Unfortunately, the past few years have been tough for hospitality venues so we haven’t been able to get back out to encourage more businesses to become smokefree and vapefree in their outdoor dining areas. However, Fresh Air is not about taking away from business, it is about improving the dining experience and creating cleaner, greener more enjoyable outdoor spaces.
If you would like to be involved in helping Cancer Society grow the Fresh Air Project, and encouraging more smokefree hospitality spaces then we would love to hear from you. You can volunteer two hours a week or five hours whatever suits you best.
Volunteers will be briefed fully in this role.
Contact Amanda Dodd at the Cancer Society Health Promotion team on 021 915 605 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greeting visitors in a warm and friendly manner
- Attending to the lounge/waiting area
- Answering the telephone in a polite and professional manner and direct calls appropriately
- Ensuring the reception desk is attended as rostered
- Assisting in the upkeep and tidiness of the reception and other allocated areas
- Maintaining a positive and professional attitude