City of Surrey - Arts - Surrey Art Gallery
About Surrey Art Gallery
As a result of the current pandemic the Gallery is not accepting new applicants to the volunteer program at this time. We invite you to explore the Gallery's online programming series - Art Together and to schedule a visit to view our exhibitions. We hope you'll consider volunteering once we're able to safely resume the program.
Join a dynamic community of volunteers dedicated to enriching art education for children! Surrey Art Gallery Docents lead engaging tours of contemporary art exhibitions from September to June. Participants take part in ongoing training with curators, artist-educators, and artists.
Interact with artists and engage Gallery visitors with contemporary art and ideas. Help out at vibrant events like exhibition openings and artist talks or facilitate art activities at Family Sundays and festivals where families explore, enjoy, and create art together.
Share your passion for art with eager young minds! Help out with children's art classes and week-long art day camps as a CAPA where you'll develop leadership skills, organize studios, work with children, and assist the instructor.
Discover contemporary art and ideas, develop public speaking skills, and gain leadership experience. Become a Youth Docent and enhance exhibitions through activities that are equal parts fun and educational.
Do you have training as a library technician or librarian? We could use your help and expertise with accessioning and cataloguing in the Gallery's research collection.
How to Apply:
- Complete an online profile for the Surrey Art Gallery at app.betterimpact.com
- Upload 2 written references to your online profile
- Once you've uploaded your references, arrange for an interview with our Volunteer Program Coordinator: email@example.com
- After the interview, you may be asked to provide a Police Information Check. Should this be the case, we will provide you with the forms you will need to complete and have processed by the RCMP.
Thanks for your interest in volunteering at the Gallery!
City of Surrey - Heritage Services
Step #1 – Eligibility Requirements
To apply as a City of Surrey volunteer, you must be:
- 14 years or older
- Eligible to volunteer in Canada (check your travel documents, if applicable)
- Volunteer Opportunities include
- Garden/Orchard volunteer, Junior Docent (aged 14-18yrs) volunteer, and School Program volunteer at the Historic Stewart Farm
- Textiles volunteer, Ambassador volunteer and School Program volunteer at the Museum of Surrey
We are not currently recruiting Museum of Surrey Junior Docent (14-18yrs) volunteers, Archives volunteers or Collections volunteers
Step #2 – Apply
- Fill in an application
- Attend an interview
- Submit 2 references
- Complete a Police Information Check
Step #3 – Volunteer
- When all the above steps have been completed, you will be contacted by phone or email by the Heritage Services Volunteer Coordinator
This process can take up to 6 weeks so we thank you for your diligence and patience. Once you are eligible to volunteer, log-in to your profile at MyImpactPage.com to search and sign up for volunteer activities, confirm shifts and record your hours of service.
Contact us HeritageVolunteers@surrey.ca
School Program Volunteer at Historic Stewart Farm
Step back in time and volunteer at Historic Stewart Farm in South Surrey. As a person who loves children, you will deliver programs to classes who visit the heritage site on field trips.
No experience? No problem. After training with staff, deliver a ready-made program which includes a tour of the site and hands on activities. We also provide costumes so you look the part.
Our 90 minute school programs run throughout the school year so you get the summer off too!
If creating social connections and making a community impact is appealing to you, please fill out the application form. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-502-6461.