City of Surrey - Engineering and Environment - Adopt-A-Street
Benefits of volunteering:
- Contribute to the beautification of your community
- Gain experience with leading a group
- Recognition signs installed in your group’s name
- Supply kit provided
- Gather a group (staff, neighbours, family, or your community organization), or work by yourself!
- Select a minimum of 1 km roadway in Surrey to clean-up. Check COSMOS for availability (streets currently adopted are green)
- Pick up supplies, or request delivery
- Tidy your street each month
- Submit your clean-up report
- Be self-directed and organized
- Ability to interact with the public in a friendly, professional manner
Clean ups should be completed once per month (any day that works for you!) for a commitment of 2 years.
See the full details on the program and supplies and review the rules and guidelines in our registration packages:
To order a registration package to be mailed to you, send your request to AASProgram@surrey.ca or call 604-590-7272.
Disposing of materials:
To request collection of yellow bags that do not fit into your garbage cart or dumpster, or to report illegally dumped materials, make a request online, 24 hours a day using the Report a Problem graphic, or call the City of Surrey’s Service Request line at 604-591-4152 (Mon-Fri 8am-4pm).
E AASProgram@surrey.ca | T 604.590.7272 | F 604.591.7836
City of Surrey
6651 148 St
Surrey, BC, V3S 3C7