Ignite Small Business Start - Ups - Victoria
Ignite Small Business Start-ups - Victoria
About the Role
The Ignite Small Business Start-ups Initiative facilitates small business creation for vulnerable people including those from refugee and asylum seeker backgrounds, as well as people living with disability, who want to start their own business or expand an existing one. Ignite entrepreneurs are supported one-on-one by a facilitator and linked to a Resource Team, made up of various industry experts from the business community, business support volunteers and students.
The Volunteer Digital Marketing Graphic Design Support will support Ignite entrepreneurs in creating a brand concept and develop marketing collaterals to help promote the business and generate sales.
When and commitment
Flexible to meet the needs of entrepreneurs with a minimum 6-month commitment
What you will do
- Work with Ignite facilitators and entrepreneurs to develop brand colour palette and logo concept
- If needed, design marketing materials such as business cards, flyers, banners, menus, price lists, etc
- Assist Ignite entrepreneurs with business email setup and email signature
- If needed, design profile and cover photos for social media channels
- Create and customise Invoice /Quote /Receipt templates (Word doc or other simple to use/edit software)
- Website wireframe mock-up
- Graphic design skills and experience using Canva
- Creative flair: you’re not afraid to recommend different ways of doing things
- An understanding of the importance of brand awareness and consistency of message, tone and design
- An outstanding attention to detail
- Experience in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- Ability to work independently
- Confidence managing tasks to timelines, establishing priorities and producing deliverables
- Previous experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Actively support SSI’s vision and values
- Adhere to SSI policies and procedures
- Follow all reasonable directions provided by the Ignite Program Manager, or delegate
Volunteers will have access to reimbursement for all pre-approved expenses including reasonable travel expenses. Volunteers using their own vehicle will need to provide SSI with photocopies of their driver’s licence, comprehensive car insurance and current car registration.
Volunteers will be provided with access to SSI’s flexible, extensive and innovative training program.