Trail maintenance volunteers help to preserve and restore our beautiful lagoon and their work allows others to enjoy the lagoon to its fullest. We are seeking dedicated volunteers to maintain the 4 miles of trails surrounding the lagoon. There are both long term and short term opportunities for a variety of volunteers.
Trail maintenance includes (but is not limited to):
- Pruning native plant species
- Removing native plant species
- Erosion control projects: planting native species to preserve soil's structural integrity, filling and tamping ruts created by the rain, diverting runoff with sandbags and straw wattles, concrete application, working to prevent sinkholes along a sea wall.
- Cleaning up trash and fishing line along trails
- Removing and/or painting over graffiti
- Updating flyers and signage at trail kiosks
- Other small projects in construction and restoration
If you are interested contact Kyle Lunneberg at email@example.com or call 760 804 1969