Sunrise Children’s Foundation
Rays of Sunrise Volunteer and Internship Program
Rays of Sunrise HV (Home Base) Administration Volunteer
Supervisor: Volunteer & Special Events Manager
Position Description: Under the supervision of the Volunteer & Special Events Manager and direct guidance of the SCF Supervisor on site, the Rays of Sunrise Administration Volunteer would support the program in which the volunteer is placed. This position provides clerical support in various ways such as information gathering, handling confidential information requests, preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, scheduling meetings, answering telephones, filing and data entry.
There may be additional duties depending on site and program placed but general duties can include:
- Support SCF policies, procedures, standards of conduct and philosophy of the program
- Assist with data entry into the various SCF utilized systems and databases.
- Filing, copying, and labeling
- Answer telephone and direct incoming calls appropriately.
- Work cooperatively with staff and families
- Maintain strict confidentiality of SCF children, families and staff in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Maintain a professional attitude and cooperates with colleagues and administration
- Maintain drug free-work workplace
SCF will pay fees associated with the below requirements:
- Attend all workshops and trainings as deemed necessary by SCF Management
- Maintains a Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Work Card (Sheriff's Card) for Child Care
- Must submit negative TB results (One-Step Skin Test or Chest X-Ray ) prior to start date
- Must pass pre-volunteer drug/alcohol testing
- Must have a physical performed and document submitted prior to start date
- Rays of Sunrise Orientation with Volunteer & Special Events Manager
- On-site training directed by supervisor on site.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Ability to carry out office procedures and recordkeeping practices
- Must be able to physically move through office, classroom, playground and other program environments.
- Must be able to sit at a table or desk with occasional standing, walking, squatting or reaching.
- Satisfaction of giving back to the community
- Support to an organization that directly impacts the lives of children and families SCF serves
- Personal and professional growth
- Recognition for contributions
- Opportunity to meet diverse people, families, fellow volunteers, and staff