City of Pleasanton Public Library Young Adult
Welcome to Pleasanton Public Library's
Young Adult Volunteer Program.
In order to ensure the health and safety of every Pleasanton resident and prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community, the City of Pleasanton has determined to follow the guidance of local public health officials.Therefore, there will not be any regularly scheduled teen volunteer opportunities until further notice.
With the COVID-19 pandemic situation improving across the nation, we encourage you to check back periodically for any updated changes. Thank you!
If you are in high school, there are opportunities to volunteer throughout the year and until you graduate.
Some activities include :
FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY BOOK SALE (SEPT & MARCH)
PAWS TO READ*
WEEKEND PROGRAM SET UP
SUMMER READING & GAME DAYS
SUNDAY DUSTING FOR DONUTS
* Teen volunteers for Paws are trained each session and asked to make a 6 week commitment. They are setting up and cleaning up, not actually working with therapy dogs. Adults volunteers who have gone through Valley Humane Certification may apply to be Paws volunteers by contacting the Paws program coordinator
- First please complete the online application.
- We'll send you an e-mail with details on printing, signing and uploading the waiver.
- After we've reviewed and accepted your application, you will be able to log in to see and sign up for current volunteer opportunities.
You are not required to attend an orientation before volunteering but you do have to follow directions on the application and upload a signed waiver.
Looking forward to working with you at the library!
Start your journey here.
Discover, Connect, Enjoy.
City of Pleasanton: Alviso Adobe Community Park
Welcome to the Alviso Adobe volunteer page!
Pleasanton's Alviso Adobe Community Park is a unique historical resource that tells the story of California from its earliest human occupation, dating back to 3420 B.C. From its ealiest recorded human habitation as a settlement of the native Ohlone Indians, to the days of the Spanish ranchos, to the turn of the century when it was home to one of California's first certified dairies, original portions of each historical period have been left intact.
The focus of Alviso Adobe Community Park is to provide education to the community through interpretive programs that highlight the rich cultural and natural history of the property.
City of Pleasanton: Special Events
Welcome to the City of Pleasanton Special Event page. Please see below for upcoming special events that need volunteer assistance.
How to Sign Up for a Volunteer Activity
How to sign up for a volunteer activity:
- Log in to MyImpactPage.com
- Click on the [Opportunites] tab
- Click on the activity that you want to do: You will see the date, start time and end time for each shift of a scheduled activity.
- For each shift you would like, click the [+Sign Up] button beside the desired date. If you wish to sign up for multiple shifts, you can check the box beside each one you would like and then click the [+Signup for Selected] button below the list of shifts. If the activity is unscheduled or seasonal, click on the [+Sign Up]
Shifts that are full or unavailable for signup will be displayed with the word "Full" beside them. IN this case, if you are still interested in being assigned to the activity, you can click the [+Add me to the back-up list in case you ever need extras] button at the top of the screen. (If necessary, you can return here to remove yourself from the back-up list.)
City of Pleasanton: Sports
Welcome to the City of Pleasanton Sports Volunteer Page!
Pleasanton Youth Basketball (PYB) is a quality youth basketball program for grades 1-12, that values teamwork, sportsmanship and positive attitudes. Players will learn the basic skills of basketball in a friendly and fun environment.