Bereavement volunteers provide support to Grief Counseling Center’s clients, and may also provide support at Grief Counseling Center events.
Hours and duration commitment varies by assignment; based on client and event needs.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Upon acceptance of assignment, collaborate with the volunteer staff and team members to determine appropriate role in working with the client.
- Communicates with the volunteer staff or team members regarding observations, ideas, or concerns related to the assignment.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding the client.
- Completes all required documentation of contacts, activities and time on the Volunteer Time Sheet. Submits appropriate documentation to the Volunteer Department according to Hosparus Health Policies.
- Complies with Hosparus Health policies and procedures for volunteers as written in the Volunteer Handbook.
- Volunteers are not permitted to perform any medical procedure, administer or transport medications, or transport clients
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability and willingness to maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Compassion, empathy, good communication and listening skills.
Training Requirements: In order to accept any volunteer opportunity at Hosparus Health, a volunteer must successfully complete all required training, screening and paperwork in accordance with Hosparus Health policies and procedures, including character references, criminal background check and all required health screenings and immunizations.
Additional Training Requirements: Completion of Bereavement training