Works with staff and other volunteers in sorting, pricing, displaying, and selling donated items for sale in the Thrift Shop.
Hours vary according to assignment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1. Present a pleasant and helpful manner to coworkers, donors, and the general public to promote the overall success of the Thrift Shop.
- 2. Attend scheduled meetings with staff and other volunteers to maintain effective communication and facilitate good relations.
- 3. Open, operate and close Shop as scheduled.
- 4. Care for the overall appearance of the Shop and maintain safety for volunteers, staff and customers.
- 5. Report maintenance needs/supply needs to Thrift Shop Manager.
- 6. Upon acceptance of a pick-up assignment, contact donor to schedule pick-up of donated items.
- 7. Additional duties as directed by the Volunteer Manager or the Thrift Shop Manager.
- 8. Complies with hospice policies and procedures for volunteers as written in the Volunteer Handbook.
- 9. Maintain confidentiality when dealing with patient information.
Physical demands vary by assignment but may include sedentary work, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of objects, bending, kneeling etc.
Working conditions: volunteer spends majority of time inside air-conditioned or heated work area.
Skills and Abilities:
- Retail sales experience helpful.
- Must have ability to assume responsibility and work independently.
- Must pay close attention to accuracy and detail due to nature of work.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work well with customers, staff and other volunteers.
In order to accept any volunteer opportunity at Hosparus Health, a volunteer must successfully complete all required training and screening in accordance with Hosparus Health policies and procedures, including character references, annual criminal background check, and paperwork. All Volunteer time is to be documented according to Hosparus Health time standards and on a Hosparus Health Time Record or an approved alternative.