Provides administrative support to Hosparus Health staff. Assists with clerical and other office duties such as phone calls, data entry, compiling packets, mailings, etc.
Hours vary according to assignment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- After assignment to the department, follows directions provided by the Volunteer staff or department supervisor. Seeks help and direction, as appropriate.
- Notifies volunteer department staff of change in scheduled work time and expected absences.
- Completes required documentation of time and activities on appropriate Volunteer Time Sheet that is posted in the department.
- Complies with Hosparus Health policies and procedures for volunteers as written in the Volunteer Handbook.
- Job duties may include but are not limited to: computer data input, bulk mailings, filing, compile training folders or information packets, answer phones, make phone calls, etc.
- Physical demands vary by assignment but may include sedentary work, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of objects, bending, kneeling, etc.
- Spends majority of time inside air-conditioned or heated work areas.
- Maintains confidentiality when dealing with patient, staff, or volunteer information.
Skills and Abilities:
- General office skills. (Computer skills are helpful but not required.)
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks as assigned.
- Cooperative spirit.
Training Requirements: In order to accept any volunteer opportunity at Hosparus Health, a volunteer must successfully complete all required training and screening in accordance with Hosparus Health policies and procedures, including character references, criminal background check, and paperwork. All Volunteer time is to be documented according to Hosparus Health time standards and on a Hosparus Health Time Record or an approved alternative.