11th Hour Vigil
11th Hour Vigil volunteers provide presence to actively dying patients, typically in a nursing home, hospital or assisted living facility. 11th Hour vigil volunteers serve on an on-call basis, and varies greatly by patient/family need; may be called upon for night and weekend visits.
Hours: Varies greatly by patient/family need; may be called upon for night and weekend visits.
Skills and Abilities:
- Completion of application process and acceptance into the volunteer program.
- Completion of Volunteer Training Course or equivalent.
- Successful completion of 11th Hour Training.
- Knowledge and understanding of the dying process.
- Flexible schedule preferred.
- Compassion, empathy, good communication and listening skills.
- Ability and willingness to maintain appropriate boundaries.
In order to accept any volunteer opportunity at Hosparus Health, a volunteer must successfully complete all required training and screening in accordance with Hosparus Health policies and procedures, including character references, criminal background check, TB skin test, and paperwork. All Volunteer time is to be documented according to Hosparus Health time standards and on a Hosparus Health Time Record or an approved alternative.