Faith Tradition Support
Provides support to patients/family of a particular faith tradition upon referral by the Hosparus Health Chaplain and under the collaborative direction of the Volunteer staff and the Hosparus Health Chaplains.
Hours and duration commitment varies by assignment; based on patient/family needs.
- Supports a patient and/or family through visits or phone contact.
- Provides assistance and support to patients and families with their religious/spiritual practices such as prayer, readings, ritual, sacraments and meditation.
- Assist the family with contacting clergy.
- Documents in accordance with Hosparus Health Volunteer requirements.
- Participates in support sessions with volunteer/spiritual care staff.
Skills and Abilities:
- Successful completion of Hosparus Health Volunteer Training for patient support.
- Successful completion of Faith Tradition Support Volunteer training.
- Minimum of one year experience with church structure.
- Endorsement by church or faith community.
- Deep respect and awareness of personal and professional boundaries.
- Ability to seek guidance and support from a Hosparus Health Chaplain.
In order to accept any volunteer opportunity at Hosparus Health, a volunteer must successfully complete all required training and screening in accordance with Hosparus Health policies and procedures, including character references, criminal background check, TB skin test and all required paperwork. Volunteer time is to be documented according to Hosparus Health guidelines.