Department: Recreation Services
Reports to: Coordinator of Volunteer Services
Resource Person: Recreation Coordinator and/or Assistant
Location: Long Term & Assisted Living Care Facility – Bethany Care Society
A registered volunteer may drive a BCS-owned vehicle
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES
· Demonstrate awareness and adhere to all Service Excellence Standards, practices and guidelines as outlined in the Volunteer Handbook and Orientation.
· Follow direction of the Recreation Coordinator/Therapist that will be responsible for the outing along with any recreation staff in attendance with the outing.
· Follow all infection control and health practices/procedures which may include use of PPE and specific screening in an outbreak or pandemic
· Complete education sessions or mandatory reviews as required.
· Safely operate the Bethany vehicle and adhere to all road/driving safety standards of practice.
· Pay close attention to the operations of the Bethany vehicle and immediately bring forward any concerns with the maintenance or operation of the vehicle.
· Provide assistance to the staff by closely monitoring the safety of all involved in the outing.
· Wear Bethany Volunteer Photo Identification.
· Record volunteer hours.
· Provide copy of current driver’s license (Class 4) and personal insurance to the Recreation Coordinator/Therapist on placement, annually, and also on request.
· Provide current Driver’s Abstract and renew annually. Provide receipt to Recreation Coordinator/Therapist for reimbursement.
· Mature, reliable and patient
· Confidence to multi task and be conscientiously aware of environment
TRAINING AND/OR PREPARATION
· General Volunteer Orientation
· Security Clearance
· Code of Conduct-Confidentiality Agreement
· Consent for Release of Personal Information –Photograph
· Receipt and Understanding of Volunteer Handbook
· Two volunteer References
· Dementia Training Recommended
· Specific Training for position
· Complete any outbreak and/or pandemic training as directed
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account