Volunteer E-Commerce Assistant
We are looking for new volunteers to join our e-commerce team in Daventry. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain an insight into the world of online trading and learn new skills.
You would be able to get involved in the whole product journey including:
- Writing engaging product descriptions to sell online
- Learning how to list items for sale on various platforms including E-bay, Amazon and Facebook
- Use your creativity to photograph items to encourage maximum sales
- Sorting through stock to select items which will generate the most income online
- Packing sold items ready for them to be delivered
- Understanding the logistics of online sales by liaising with van drivers and couriers to track the delivery of products
- Using social media to help us to grow the presence of our online business
- Communicating with other internal teams and shops
- Producing reports on income generated through online sales
In 2018 our E-commerce team raised enough income to fund 347 of our lifesaving missions. It is one of the fastest growing parts of our charity so you would have the chance to make a real impact and learn unique skills which you could apply to your future career.
Volunteering with us is very flexible, you can either commit to set hours each week or join us on a more flexible basis. Any time you can give helps us to fund our lifesaving missions. Our Daventry warehouse is located Unit 1b West March Industrial Estate, Daventry, NN11 4SA.
We are able to reimburse reasonable travel expenses and our offices are open between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
Our Daventry Warehouse is located at Unit 1b West March Industrial Estate, Daventry, NN11 4SA.
From Daventry we operate several of our different functions including Reuse, Asset Recovery, Online Trading and New Goods. These are some of the fastest growing areas of the charity and we are looking for additional volunteer help to support us.Take a look below at the various opportunities we currently have available.