Administration Officers - Hillcrest
***All staff to wear masks until Chairperson says otherwise.
COVID vaccinations preferred, but are not mandatory
Days: Monday to Friday
Hours: 8:45 am to 3:45 pm
To attend to the daily requirements to meet the Administrative needs of the Organisation with other Administration Officers on other day of the week.
- Sound knowledge, or willingness to learn the necessary skills, of Microsoft Word,
- Excel, Access and Publisher.
- Empathy towards clients and fellow volunteers.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Good telephone answering techniques. .
- Proficient communication skills - written and verbal.
- Possess and demonstrate a positive and team orientated attitude.
- Capable of problem identification and solving.
- Self-motivated and an ability to show initiative.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Follow relevant WH&S guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist the Duty Officer and Board with data entry, filing and correspondence.
- To familiarise oneself with the aims and objectives of the Organisation.
- Assist with Food Parcel distribution as and when required.
- To provide courteous and efficient customer service.
- Promote a positive image of NECAP to colleagues and the public at all times.
- To maintain a professional standard of work and environment.
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of specific projects.
- Follow relevant WH&S directives.
- Undertake training as and when required.
- To maintain strict confidentiality.
- Cleaning office area e.g. Printer, keyboard, mouse, computer and floors in your area.
- To work in conjunction with all Duty Officers
- Risk Management: Staff to report to Duty Officer to advise they are on the property on days not rostered on.
- No headphones to be worn to ensure phone calls are not missed.
- No internet for personal use