Aged Care Volunteer Visitor Scheme - Northern Suburbs
If you are interested in providing and building a one on one friendship with a lonely or socially isolated Aged Care resident then the Community Visitor Scheme is the role that will benefit both you and the resident.
Requirements: Volunteers must be reliable and enjoy working with the elderly, frail and cognitive impaired. Weeks days Monday to Friday for up to 1 hour per visit (days/time negotiable).
Various suburbs: Para Hills, Ingle Farm, Salisbury, Craigmore, Elizabeth, Gawler, Willaston, Smithfield, Walkley Heights.
Responsibilities, duties and personal attributes: Female and male visitors required. Visitors are matched to the resident.
- To visit and converse on a regular basis to residential clients to enhance their quality of life, via shared activities
- Listening, reading, sharing experiences, stories, playing cards, games, music etc
- Provide access to the Aged Care facility via - garden visits, walks or having a cup of coffee
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Driving licence preferable but not necessary
- Good communication skills, language, reading, patience etc
- Undergo a National Police check (at no cost to the volunteer)
Please note: Not suitable for 15 hours Centrelink requirements
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account