Administration Support - Elizabeth Grove
- Location: Elizabeth Grove, SA
- Time Commitment: 2 days a week, 9.00am - 3.00pm
This role provides the opportunity to use and enhance your communication, computer, and relationship skills alongside other passionate team members. Learning for Life Administration volunteers participate in a range of activities including handling customer phone and email queries, entering and managing important data, and organising mail-outs. Through this role, volunteers provide critical background support for the educational and social development of disadvantaged young Australians to succeed at school, so they can create better futures for themselves.
- Responding to phone enquiries from families and program participants needing support
- Reviewing and screening documents for child protection issues
- Actioning and responding to email enquiries
- Data entry and Excel spreadsheet management
- Conducting local research
- Assisting with local events
- General administrative duties including mail handling
Essential Competencies / Skills:
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Highly effective customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
DCSI checks (SA only):
In South Australia all staff and volunteers working with children must undertake state-mandated child protection checks, as required by law and administered by the Department of Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI). The check includes both a working with children check and a police check. The check costs $57.10 per volunteer and is a legal requirement for anyone working with children and/or young people.
The Smith Family ask that volunteers cover this cost, as it is a transferrable check that is valid for 3 years and can be used wherever you might be involved in child-related activities (eg your children's sporting club, volunteering at another organisation).
We appreciate that the cost of the DCSI child protection check is not insignificant but as a not-for-profit organisation, The Smith Family is unable to sustainably cover the cost of this check for all volunteers in South Australia. We also want to ensure that the cost of the DCSI check is not an impediment to volunteering. If you have a health care or pension card, The Smith Family is able to reimburse the cost of the DCSI check.
The next steps towards volunteering:
Please complete the following steps in the order listed to ensure your application is processed
1. Click on the "Fill in an application" on the right hand side of the screen. Please ensure this is completed before going to Step 2.
2. Complete the Smith Family application form Click Here