Friends of Accident & Emergency Volunteer
Volunteers required to assist staff in the A & E department with the provision of non-medical tasks which include attending to clients and family members who visit the department.
Days and times: 7 days per week, negotiable - 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm - Centrelink requirements can be met
- Provide tea, coffee, water, blankets for family members in cubicles,
- transfer communications,
- refill stock
- assist form submissions,
- must have a genuine interest in the wellbeing of others; possess a cheerful, friendly, attentive attitude; possess a high standard of personal hygiene; have understanding of security and safety issues; able to use initiative and be responsible; respect confidentiality and privacy; possess a high level of patience and understanding; be reliable, honest and trustworthy; be tolerant of a busy workplace; able to work independently or as a team; be able to follow direction; days and hours are negotiable
- Aged Care Clearance (DHS) Clearance
- Working with Children Clearance which are paid for by the volunteer program unless obtained through a job agency.
- 3 Covid vaccinations
- Current flu vaccination
- prepared to wear PPE as required
- attendance at appropriate training is required;
- be neatly attired and present well
- be reliable, punctual and dependable
- hold respect for other staff, patients and clients information by maintaining confidentiality at all times;
- volunteers must give adequate notice of the inability to attend and if unwell will notify the Volunteer Coordinator or the Nursing Team Leader as soon as practicable.
Contact: Nancie Perry - 0457 500 413
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account