Visitor Information Centre - Customer Service Volunteer
The Gawler Visitor Information Centre is open 7 days a week and is staffed by a dedicated and enthusiastic team of volunteers.
Our Customer Service Volunteers play an important role in the Centre operations by helping others to discover all there is to see and do in this beautiful region, ensuring a stay that they will remember.
They also provide information and assistance to local residents through the bookings of tours, coaches and accommodation.
- To provide excellent customer service to visitors and residents (face to face, via phone and email)
- To promote local and regional tourism opportunities, attractions, activities and events
- Booking tours, coaches and accommodation for tourists
- Assistance with brochures and maps
- Sale of gifts and souvenirs
- Assist to maintain brochure racks and souvenir displays
Personal Attributes and Skills:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic computing skills
- Comfortable with managing daily financial transactions
- Ability to follow direction and instructions
- Adaptability and willingness to undertake a variety of different tasks (as requested)
- Flexibility in regards to work availability
- A sound knowledge of Gawler and surrounding regions is required
- Reliability, punctuality and self motivation is essential
As part of the registration process all new volunteers are required to receive a corporate induction, program induction and site orientation.
- On-going training as determined as essential by the volunteer’s immediate Program Supervisor or Volunteer Development Officer.
- All volunteers are subject to a three (3) month probationary period
- In addition, all volunteers are required to hold a satisfactory National Police Certificate (NPC) or Department of Human Services (DHS) screening dated less than three years old, prior to the commencement of volunteering.
- If volunteers do not hold either screening, staff will initiate a screening check at no cost to the volunteer.
- Visitor Information Centre customer service volunteers generally work one shift per fortnight.
- Shifts occur on a daily basis and run from 8:45 am – 1:00 pm or 1:00 pm to 5:15 pm Monday to Friday
- Saturday and public holiday shifts are 3 hours each, 9:45 am - 1:00 pm or 1:00 pm - 4:15 pm.
- Sunday shifts, 9:45 am – 2:15 pm.
- Initial training is provided
- A minimum of 20 hours of training is required per year (to maintain accreditation status), but can be built into volunteers shifts.
- A uniform will provided following the satisfactory completion of a 3 month probationary period.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account