Administrator - No Interest Loans Scheme (NILS)
The No Interest Loan Scheme (NILs) provides individuals and families on low incomes access to safe, fair and affordable credit, as an alternative to pay-day lenders and rent to buy schemes. Maximum loan amounts vary but can be as little as $300 or as much as $1500, for essential goods and services. The product has no fees, no charges and no interest
Volunteers are required at various locations across South Australia including: Port Adelaide, Arndale, Gepps Cross, Adelaide CBD, Christies Beach and Bowden
Days and hours:
- Volunteers must commit to volunteering for at least 6 months for half a day per week (during business hours Monday to Friday)
1. Enquirer Support
3. Conduct Interviews
4. Data Entry Management
5. General Administration
Abilities and Experience:
- Ability to establish rapport with clients from diverse backgrounds, some with complex needs and provide efficient and high quality service. Experience in any of the following areas would be helpful; retail, hospitality, sales, banking, education or other customer service environment.
- Strong numeric capability.
- Excellent spoken and written English; multilingual is desirable.
- Experience in administrative and office management processes such as appointment management, record keeping and filing.
- Competent in computer skills, including Microsoft Office and use of customer databases, with an ability to pay attention to detail.
- The capacity and commitment to work in alignment with the values of Good Shepherd and understand the issue of financial exclusion in Australia.
Police Check and Working with Children Check will be required (no cost to the volunteer)