Drivers - Northern Adelaide
Volunteers form part of team and provide support to Social Work staff and families by providing transport for children and young people currently under the Guardianship of the Chief Executive. They required to Transport children to family contact, medical appointments, education programs, and other child related appointments.
Areas include Blair Athol, Elizabeth, Gawler, Salisbury and Playford
Volunteers will enjoy a flexible approach to hours and days that they volunteer.
Days: Every day of the week - negotiable, from 7am to 7pm
As a volunteer driver your responsibilities are:
- Driving a Government vehicle to transport children and young people
- Installing age appropriate car seats (training provided)
- Effectively communicate and work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Work as a team member to provide a holistic standard of volunteer service
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Accurately recording hours of volunteer work and tasks completed
- Work in accordance with the Task Allocation Form
- A current SA drivers licence (P2 and above) and be willing to drive a government vehicle (no use of a personal vehicle for work).
- Volunteers must be up to date with COVID vaccinations, ie double vaccinated plus booster
- Reliable, friendly and great with children, enjoy working and contributing to a team environment
- Working with Children Check and DHS Screening are required at no cost to the volunteer
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of our young people and their families
- Two referee checks are required
Training will be provided
Centrelink requirements can be met