Duty Officer - Administration
***All staff to wear masks until Chairperson says otherwise.
COVID vaccinations preferred, but are not mandatory
Days: Monday to Friday
Hours: 8:45 am to 3:45 pm
- To ensure the administrative needs of the Organisation are undertaken in a professional manner.
- To ensure Team Members are given instruction and support in operating procedures.
- To be the delegated person on the rostered day to deal with all decisions required, allocate and ensure all tasks are undertaken.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- Ability to lead a team.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Publisher.
- Empathy towards clients and fellow volunteers.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills,
- Good telephone answering techniques.
- Proficient communication skills - written and verbal.
- Possess and demonstrate a positive and team orientated attitude.
- Capable of problem identification and solving.
- Self-motivated and an ability to show initiative.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- To be familiar with current procedures, policies and guidelines
- Follow relevant WH&S and Safety guidelines.
- If Duty Officer is informed of a situation they are to write it in the duty Officers This is to ensure all Duty Officers are aware of situation and the outcome.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To familiarise oneself with the aims and objectives of the Organisation.
- Answer public enquiries relating to NECAP and its operations.
- Assist with Food Parcel distribution as and when required.
- To provide courteous and efficient customer service.
- Promote a positive image of NECAP to colleagues and the public at all times.
- To maintain a professional standard of work and environment.
- Undertake training as and when required.
- To maintain strict confidentiality.
- To work in conjunction with all Duty Officers.
- To delegate and oversee the administration tasks are duly actioned.
- To notify Chair Person of any problems, issues or concerns.
- To record Duties and their status in the Office Diary.
- To keep open lines of communication with all Duty Officers.
- To notify Chair Person of any recommendations.