***All staff to wear masks until Chairperson says otherwise.
COVID vaccinations preferred, but are not mandatory
Days: Monday to Friday
Hours: 8:45 am to 3:45 pm
To assist with general duties to meet the needs of ER provision, and general cleanliness of
- Sound knowledge, or willingness to learn office practices in recording ER client information, donations, and handling of food.
- Empathy towards clients and fellow volunteers.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- To use a friendly manner when answering the phone.
- Ability to follow direction from the duty officer or second in charge of the day.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To package bulk food quantities into portions following hygienic handling practises by using 2 gloves at all times and masks at all times
- To rotate and replenish food cupboards, (only) if kitchen staff need help.
- To do Food Parcel distribution as and when required and check all forms to be filled out completely and correctly.
- To vacuum and tidy reception area
- To wipe down computers and vacuum carpet.
- To assist other Office assistants in the preparation of food parcels.
- To assist other Office assistants with photocopying and other duties as requested.
- Follow relevant Health and Safety directives.
- To be familiar with the aims and objectives of NECAP.
- To provide courteous and efficient service including phone manner.
- To work in conjunction with all Duty Officers.
- Staff are not to use the internet for their own use.
- No head phones/ear plugs to be used so phone calls are not missed