Service Duties Volunteer
The “Friends of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital” are currently looking for a volunteer(s) in the roll of “Service Duties”.
Hours: Monday-Friday - 9:00am – 3:00pm. (Negotiable)
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/Duties
- Assist clients coming for appointments find their way to the area concerned.
- Assist visitors needing information to find patients or clients needing collection.
- Assist with older individuals who may be confused, disoriented or alone.
- Visit with patients who may need someone to talk to or contact family or friends.
- Deliver Welcome packs to clients who may have been admitted through the Emergency Department.
- Participate in fundraising activities such as selling raffle tickets - on site at TQEH only.
- A tolerance for a busy workplace & able to relate with a wide range of individuals.
- Ability & willingness to follow directions.
SKILLS & & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Fully vaccinated against Covid 19
- Must have proof of influenza vaccination
- Physically able to complete the tasks required.
- Good communication skills, in reading, wiring in the English language
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality & discretion.
- Attend all mandatory OHS&W training sessions
- Undergo a National Police Check (reimbursed once passed as a full friend).
- Abide by Rules & Regulations of both TQEH and The Friends.
- Attend 3 General Meetings of The Friends.