Volunteer Kitchen Assistant
Locations: St Agnes Campbelltown St Clair Padre Pio
Days and times: Monday to Friday, 8.00-2.00pm
At Bene, we believe that growing older is no reason to stop growing as individuals or as communities. Quite the opposite. Here, our staff and volunteers work as a team to ensure that the lives of over 2,500 South Australians are more able to flourish in communities that celebrate individuality, diversity and a zest for life. . We believe volunteers bring optimism and enthusiasm, create positive energy, and share diverse perspectives that lead to enhanced outcomes for clients and staff.
About the Role
Do you enjoy working in hospitality?
Bene Age Care are looking for friendly, team orientated volunteers to assist in our residential and community kitchens.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting with food preparation as directed by kitchen staff
- Handle, sort, store and distribute food items
- Wash, peel, chop, cut food, and help prepare salads and desserts
- Cleaning kitchen areas and making sure equipment is stored appropriately
- Sort and dispose of rubbish and recycling
- Organise laundering of kitchen linen
- Add hoc duties as directed from kitchen staff
- Triple vaccination against COVID
- Current National Police Certificate
- Current Flu Vaccination and provide evidence of, prior to commencing volunteer work.
- NDIS screening if based at St Agnes
- Reliability and attendance to agreed shifts is important for this role
- Professional mannerism within your work environment
- Participating in mandatory Work Health Safety and Manual Handling training sessions.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account