Driver for transportation of people/persons
Blind Welfare Association of SA Inc. require volunteer(s) as Drivers
Most of the driving would be in the north, east and west suburbs.
Drivers are required to assist clients who are vision impaired to maintain their quality of life and independence by providing transport.
Hours: Week days between 8.30 am – 4.30 pm. (hours to be negotiated). If the weekend is your free time we can utilize you!
- The role requires drivers to take our members shopping, medical appointments, home visits and social outings.
- If the pick up was near the volunteer's home they could use their own vehicle as long as it is comprehensively insured and in good condition.
- Reimbursement to cover fuel will be provided @ 73 cents per klm if using own car.
- Interviews would take place at: 1 Cameron Avenue Gilles Plain.
- A driver assessment would be undertaken by an independent company.
- Undergo a DCSI Check (at no cost to you as a volunteer)
Attend any mandatory training sessions/sighted guide training.
Volunteers must be up to date with COVID vaccinations, ie double vaccinated plus booster
Call me, Visa, for a chat on 8367 6088