Administrator Accounts Assistant Volunteer
The Food Centre is a community based not-for-profit, registered charity organisation that was originally founded to establish and operate a food centre for the community.
We provide affordable groceries, clothing and household goods and social interaction through our Grocery Shop, Mel’s Op Shop, and Arnolds Place Café. We are committed to assisting members of the public living on low incomes and/or experiencing financial difficulties.
Volunteering within The Food Centre is a great way to save money whilst meeting new people, forging new friendships and giving back to the community.
We require the assistance of a Volunteer Accounts Administrator for 15 hrs per week to assist our Admin team.
POSITION -: Volunteer Assistant Accounts Administrator
Processing of all finance related transactions including data entry, payments, and receipts and reporting, Assisting in the effective financial management of the Company and assisting The Food Centre to meet its statutory, reporting and other compliance obligations.
- Administer all aspects of the payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivables and banking functions of The Food Centre, ensuring all transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist the CEO to ensure the effective financial management of The Food Centre through business planning, management and financial reporting, and other statutory requirements.
• Process fortnightly employee payrolls.
• Undertake all other payroll related activities, including monthly reconciliations, statutory payments, questionnaires, surveys and ad-hoc requests for information.
• Process and pay supplier invoices, reconcile monthly supplier statements and liaise with suppliers.
• Prepare customer invoices, oversee the collection of overdue receivables and liaise with customers.
• Processing of Company donations and donor receipts.
• Reconcile bank accounts on a regular basis.
• Process monies received and arrange banking.
• Oversee and reconcile petty cash on a regular basis.
• Process accounting entries as requested.
• Assist in the preparation of the management reports and year-end financial statements.
• Assist in the preparation of the budgets, forecasts and business plans.
• Assist in the preparation of all statutory and other reports.
• Maintain the Fixed Asset Register.
• Maintain the business records in accordance with statutory and other archival requirements.
• Other duties as may be required from time to time.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Experience in accounting and/or book-keeping with MYOB or similar Accounting packages.
• Completion of, or studying towards, a tertiary qualification.
• High level of computer literacy and excellent data entry skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Collaborative working style with an ability to work within a team in a hands-on capacity to achieve individual, team and organisational goals.
• Be a self-starter with good initiative and ability to work effectively independently.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to forge strong and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders of the Company.
• Proven ability to manage time effectively, to set and meet tight deadlines, work effectively under pressure, and prioritise a heavy workload.
• Strong planning, problem solving, organisational and administrative skills.
• Discretion and judgment in dealing with sensitive information on individuals and organisations.
Volunteers must be up to date with COVID vaccinations, ie double vaccinated plus booster
Please contact James Chapman for further details at 08 82627345 or
Email: - email@example.com
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account