Lifestyle Activities Volunteer
Help to facilitate the Resident Lifestyle program by visiting and conversing with residents on social interests, supporting them to participate and join in activities and support them in their personal choices.
This role is currently available on Monday to Saturday,10:00am - 3:00pm.
Days are negotiable.
Able to meet Centrelink obligations.
The role requires people who are sensitive to others, and who would gain satisfaction from enhancing the well-being of older people.
We are looking for volunteers who have a positive outlook and willingness to help other people to be flexible in approach to residents needs, to be friendly and reliable and to form friendships.
- Good, clear communication skills, ability to engage in conversation with people who may have cognitive, visual/hearing loss and/or other physical disabilities.
- Empathy, understanding & awareness of the needs of people with disabilities, dementia and/or ageing issues or willingness to learn.
- Flexible, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to follow direction and ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be up to date with flu vaccinations
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid 19
- Must be prepared to undertake mandatory training as required
- Adhere to OH&S requirements and Helping Hand policies & procedures.
- Must have or be willing to apply for a National Police clearance.