Activity Support (Friends Program)
Friends volunteers are:
- Positive and friendly
- Have good communication and listening skills
- Have a genuine interest in working with people with Intellectual disabilities
- Reasonably fit
- Prepared to have a DHS screening check
Our programs and services for people with disability are person-centred and designed to promote independence, participation and community inclusion.
Volunteers have an important role supporting the broad range of activities participants undertake to maximise opportunities for skill development and increased independence. (Working with rather 'doing' for)
Activities include recreation, craft, cooking, music, fitness, community outings, games, social & independent living skills building through activities and workshops.
- Monday or Friday 9.30 - 2.30pm
- After Hours program Thurs 6pm - 9pm
- Saturday once a month (9.45am - 4.45pm which may vary)
If you would like to see first hand what the group get up to, click on the video below starting at 58 sec or read volunteer Doug's story.
PLEASE NOTE: Friends volunteers are required to provide proof of Covid 19 vaccination primary and booster dose.
For more information please contact:
Ph: 8256 0183