Referral Officer - Salisbury
Please note: online applications will not be accepted for this role.
As a Volunteer Referral Officer you will facilitate the referral of potential volunteers to positions available with NVSA member organisations, and aim to develop a good working relationship with our members, potential volunteers, and existing volunteers in Northern Adelaide, working across our Salisbury head office and at other outreach referral offices.
You will utilise your strong people and interpersonal skills, your ability to engage with those from diverse backgrounds, your intermediate level computing skills including database experience and web searching abilities, to find and refer a people to suitable volunteer positions.
Volunteer Referral Officer Key Duties:
- Engage with members of the public, potential volunteers, and member organisation representatives in a professional manner
- Work independently to conduct one-on-one referral interviews with potential volunteers to discuss their interest and skills with the aim to find and refer them to a suitable volunteer role with our member organisations
- Ensure the Volunteer Referral process is undertaken in a timely, supportive, and sensitive manner
- Use a database to search and record information accurately and follow procedures around database entry
- Read, record, and save bookings accurately on a computer using Microsoft Excel
- Undertake administrative tasks and support as required
- Use a computer to undertake daily tasks
- Advocate for the benefits of volunteering
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage with others both internally and externally, and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Experience working on a computer including using a database and data input, Microsoft Excel, and computer-based record keeping is desirable
- A friendly, positive, and professional attitude with a strong focus on customer service
- Excellent phone communication ability
- Good organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- Understanding and awareness of confidentiality and equal opportunity principles
You will need to be confident in using a laptop or a tablet and be willing to work from a café, library or meet the client at an arranged location if required. You will be able to work independently and also as part of a team.
You will also be reliable, committed, respect confidentiality in relation to members, staff, and clients, attend monthly staff meeting and appropriate training when available.
Evidence of a Covid-19 vaccination will be required
You will need to call 8250 1582 to arrange an appointment.