Life Style Social Support Volunteer
Locations: St Agnes Campbelltown St Clair Padre Pio
Days and times: Monday to Friday, 9.30-4.30pm
At Bene, we believe that growing older is no reason to stop growing as individuals or as communities. Quite the opposite. Here, our staff and volunteers work as a team to ensure that the lives of over 2,500 South Australians are more able to flourish in communities that celebrate individuality, diversity and a zest for life. . We believe volunteers bring optimism and enthusiasm, create positive energy, and share diverse perspectives that lead to enhanced outcomes for consumers and staff.
About the Role
Do you have a creative flair and enjoy socialising with the age community?
Bene Age Care are looking for volunteers to support our Lifestyle teams to undertake a diverse range of activities to enhance ageing social activity. This may include playing cards, board games or taking on a new project under the direction of Lifestyle staff. Projects include; gardening, cooking, crafts or peer to peer social support perhaps finding a common interest between the client and yourself. If you have great communication skills and enjoy engaging with a diverse range of people we would love to hear from you!
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Spend time with residents in a one on one environment.
- Provide emotional and social support to residents who may be socially isolated or withdrawn
- Encourage and support residents to engage with their environment
- With the support of staff entice consumers to participate in activities outside of their rooms and use supporting and positive language for encouragement
- Triple vaccination against COVID
- Current National Police Certificate
- Current Flu Vaccination and provide evidence of, prior to commencing volunteer work.
- NDIS screening if based at St Agnes
- Reliability and attendance to agreed shifts is important for this role
- Building trusting relationships in a professional manner
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account