Driver for Western suburbs
Blind Welfare Association of SA Inc. currently require volunteer(s) as “Transport Driver”
North Western suburbs e.g. North Haven, Pt Adelaide, Queenstown, Woodville, Grange, Beverley etc.
full list available from BWA.
Drivers are required to assist clients who are vision impaired or blind to maintain their quality of life, by providing transport:
Hours: Week days between 8.30 am – 4.30 pm. (hours to be negotiated)
- The role requires drivers to take our members shopping, home visits social outings & various appointments.
- The volunteer would use their own vehicle which must be comprehensively insured and good condition.
- Reimbursement to cover fuel & other vehicle cost will be provided @ 73 cents per km travelled.
- Interviews would take place at: 1 Cameron Avenue Gilles Plain.
- Note travel to Gilles Plains only required for interview.
- A driver assessment would be undertaken by an independent company.
- Undergo a DCSI Check (at no cost to you as a volunteer)
Attend any mandatory training sessions/sighted guide training.
Volunteers must be up to date with COVID vaccinations, ie double vaccinated plus booster