Lifestyle Memory Support Volunteer
Locations: St Agnes Campbelltown St Clair Padre Pio
Days and times: Monday to Friday, 9.30-4.30pm
At Bene, we believe that growing older is no reason to stop growing as individuals or as communities. Quite the opposite. Here, our staff and volunteers work as a team to ensure that the lives of over 2,500 South Australians are more able to flourish in communities that celebrate individuality, diversity and a zest for life. . We believe volunteers bring optimism and enthusiasm, create positive energy, and share diverse perspectives that lead to enhanced outcomes for consumers and staff.
About the Role
Do you enjoy socialising and have experience working with people with memory loss?
Bene Age Care is looking for volunteers to support our Lifestyle teams to undertake a diverse range of activities to enhance our memory support social activities. You will be working alongside staff supporting people with dementia building on their passions, strengths and interests. Main duties includes participating in person-centred activities on a one to one basis. If you have knowledge and skills in working with people living with dementia and enjoy engaging with a diverse range of people we would love to hear from you!
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Support and guide residents with memory loss to participate in one to one time lifestyle activities
- Assist in developing a weekly task schedule in conjunction with staff according to individual care plans
- Entice residents to participate in the activity scheduled and use supporting and positive language for encouragement
- Setting up and packing down activity equipment
- Clean activity area and dispose of rubbish
- Triple vaccination against COVID
- Current National Police Certificate
- Current Flu Vaccination and provide evidence of, prior to commencing volunteer work.
- NDIS screening if based at St Agnes
- Reliability and attendance to agreed shifts is important for this role
- Basic principles for understanding and caring for a person living with dementia
- Building trusting relationships in a professional manner