Knitting Club Leader
Knitting Club Leader
Help bring our community of knitters together twice per month!
Flexible Schedule, 1-hour, twice per month.
- Teach knitting skills to beginners.
- Provide a welcoming place to gather for those interested in knitting.
- Facilitate sharing of skills and projects.
- Provide skill-building exercises and support.
- A strong interest in knitting
- Must be an experienced knitter
- Experience with teaching beginning knitting preferred
- Great people skills
- 18+ years old
- Background check
- Reference checks
- Annual trainings
- Opportunity training
- Site orientation
- Note: In-person volunteers are required to follow COVID-19 vaccination policy. Supervisor will provide updated information.
6 months - 1 year
Rancho Bernardo Branch Library
17110 Bernardo Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92128
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
· The City of San Diego is requiring all volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 1, 2021.
· Volunteer candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date in accordance with City policy. “Fully vaccinated” means a person has received, at least 14 days prior, either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. Acceptable COVID-19 vaccines must either be approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or authorized for emergency use by the FDA or the World Health Organization.
· Volunteer candidates who are selected for a volunteer opportunity will be required to provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination.
· Volunteers with a disability or medical condition that makes it medically inadvisable for them to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, as verified by their healthcare provider, or those with a sincerely held religious belief, observance, or practice that prevents them from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, may request reasonable accommodation and exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. Candidates who receive a conditional job offer and wish to make a request for accommodation will be provided with more information. The City will review requests for medical or religious accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act. A candidate’s start date may be adjusted to allow for the accommodation process.