Mentee: Recreation Program Assistance(1) -Hannah Boehm-Parks and Rec- 9020 Village Glen Drive 92123
Youth will be mentored in areas of community program implementation and engagement. Mentees may acquire skills in the following areas: organization, time management, distribution of wrapped, prepared food
and drinks. Inventory maintenance; working with diverse populations.
Background check required.
Service Months: June, July and August
Work location: Serra Mesa Recreation Center 9020 Village Glen Drive 92123
Type of Mentorship:
- Job Shadowing
- Work Experience
- Essential or "Soft" Skill Development
- Serving as a role model
- Providing positive, constructive feedback
- Helping someone meet their goals
Mentor is looking for:
- Anyone interested
- Someone with experience or interest in my field
- Low-income youth, ages 16 through 24, living within the City of San Diego. The youth are paid with Community Development Block Grant Program funds provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to the City of San Diego.
- Background check clearance through City of San Diego Personnel Department
- In person interview
- Phone or email interview
- Placement (No interview)