Library Apprentice-(1)-Melissa Giffen-Scripps Miramar Ranch Library-10301 Scripps Lake Drive 92131
Are you interested in the library behind the scenes? You will learn about day-day operations of the library, including shelving procedures and rules, organization and maintenance of materials, and customer service.
Type of Mentorship
- Job Shadowing
- Work Experience
- Essential or "Soft" Skill Development
- Serving as a role model
- Providing positive, constructive feedback
- Helping someone meet their goals
Mentor is looking for:
- Someone with experience or interest in my field.
- Low-income youth, ages 16 through 24, living within the City of San Diego. The youth are paid with Community Development Block Grant Program funds provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to the City of San Diego .
Minimum hours per week:4
Schedule: Monday: 9-6, Tuesday: 11-8, Wednesday: 9-6, or Thursday: 9-6
Program or Project: Storytime and seasonal programs for kids and families.
Placement Method: in person interview