Environmental Permitting Internship-1 Paid
City of San Diego – Transportation & Storm Water Department
Storm Water Division
Up to 20 hours per week during school year
Up to 40 hours per week during summer and breaks
Flexible hours Monday-Friday from 7:30am-4:30pm
Starting at $12.06/hour
The Storm Water Division, Operations & Maintenance Section of the Transportation and Storm Water Department is looking to fill one (1) intern position. The position is anticipated to start as early as May 2019 and will last up to one (1) year, while enrolled in school. Preference is given to candidates who desire a year-long work experience. Please personalize your cover letter for the application.
The Environmental Permitting Interns will assist with environmental permitting and compliance for channel maintenance activities. Typical assignments may include site monitoring, reporting, utilizing ESRI ArcMap, ArcGIS Online, compliance tracking, research support, general filing, and community outreach.
- Must be enrolled in school (please select school name in application)
- Excellent communication, written, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), ArcGIS experience preferred
- Enrollment in a Bachelor or Master Degree Program – Environmental Science, Urban Planning, Geography, Hydrology, Public Administration, Biology or closely related field is preferred
- Able to work individually and as part of a small, fast-paced team
- California Driver’s license or ability to obtain one prior to internship
Applications are due April 15, 2019 at 5pm PST.
Attention: Travis Whitney
City of San Diego Storm Water Division
2781 Caminito Chollas, MS 46
San Diego, CA 92105
Internship Title: Environmental Permitting Internship
Department Name: Transportation and Storm Water
Number of Internships Available: 1
Paid or Unpaid: Paid
Date Posted: March 6, 2019
Internship duration: One Year
Internship description: Site monitoring, reporting, GIS, compliance tracking, research, filing, and outreach.
Interns must be currently enrolled in an academic program. Please select school name in application. Please personalize your cover letter for the application (there is the capability to post three different letters if you are applying for multiple opportunities). Please allow for 6-8 weeks for the City of San Diego intern onboarding process from posting date. If you have not received a response 8 weeks after your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.