Chess Club Program Assistant
As a Game Program Assistant at Rancho Peñasquitos Branch Library's Chess Club, you will share your passion for chess with participants of all ages and skill levels, as you teach new players the basics of chess and help more advanced players play better!
Availability: Fridays, 3:15 PM to 5:15 PM
Time Commitment: At least 6 months
- Assist participants with one-on-one skill development.
- Assist Chess Club Leader with Setting Guidelines.
- Maintain a safe and welcoming environment for all participants.
- Age 16 years or older
- Excellent understanding of chess basics, chess game play, chess strategy and the ability to teach participants about chess.
- Experienced in teaching a skill.
- Ability to communicate clearly with a wide range of people.
- Availability to volunteer on most Fridays afternoons for 6 months or longer.
- Background check for volunteers over 18
- Annual Training
- In-person volunteers are required to follow vaccination policy. Supervisors will provide updated information.
Rancho Peñasquitos Library
13330 Salmon River Rd.
San Diego, CA 92129
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
· The City of San Diego is requiring all volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 1, 2021.
· Volunteer candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date in accordance with City policy. “Fully vaccinated” means a person has received, at least 14 days prior, either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. Acceptable COVID-19 vaccines must either be approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or authorized for emergency use by the FDA or the World Health Organization.
· Volunteer candidates who are selected for a volunteer opportunity will be required to provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination.
· Volunteers with a disability or medical condition that makes it medically inadvisable for them to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, as verified by their healthcare provider, or those with a sincerely held religious belief, observance, or practice that prevents them from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, may request reasonable accommodation and exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. Candidates who receive a conditional job offer and wish to make a request for accommodation will be provided with more information. The City will review requests for medical or religious accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act. A candidate’s start date may be adjusted to allow for the accommodation process.