Homework Center Coach
Homework Coaches assist K-12 students with their homework. Coaches must be willing to help students with a variety of assignments—from English papers and Chemistry problems, to basic addition/subtraction practice and reading aloud. Fingerprinting and a City of San Diego background check are required.
Availability: Monday, 4:30-6:00 pm, 1.5 hours/week
Start Date: September
- Assist K-12 students with homework.
- Comfortable communicating with children, teens, parents and library staff
- Willingness to learn and to follow instructions and library rules.
- Please include 2 non-family, adult references (with email addresses) in your application
- Background check for 18+ volunteers.
- In person volunteers are required to follow Vaccination Policy. Supervisors will provide updated information.
Rancho Peñasquitos Library
13330 Salmon River Rd.
San Diego, CA 92129
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
· The City of San Diego is requiring all volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 1, 2021.
· Volunteer candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date in accordance with City policy. “Fully vaccinated” means a person has received, at least 14 days prior, either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. Acceptable COVID-19 vaccines must either be approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or authorized for emergency use by the FDA or the World Health Organization.
· Volunteer candidates who are selected for a volunteer opportunity will be required to provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination.
· Volunteers with a disability or medical condition that makes it medically inadvisable for them to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, as verified by their healthcare provider, or those with a sincerely held religious belief, observance, or practice that prevents them from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, may request reasonable accommodation and exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. Candidates who receive a conditional job offer and wish to make a request for accommodation will be provided with more information. The City will review requests for medical or religious accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act. A candidate’s start date may be adjusted to allow for the accommodation process.