Help keep our library looking its best for our community! Library beautifiers pick up materials left behind by patrons and returns them to the front desk. They straighten books on shelves, they do light cleaning and organizing, and assist staff with displays and prepping for programs.
Availability: Flexible, Monday-Saturday, 1-2 hours/week
Time Commitment: 6 months- 1 year
Start Date: 8/8/2022
- Retrieve books to return to the front desk
- Pick up litter from floors and desks
- Clean and tidy books, shelves, and other surfaces
- Help with displays
- Assist with prepping for programs and crafts
- Assist staff with Organizing Backroom
- Alert Staff on Facility Issues
- Works well independently
- Comfortable lifting books (up to five pounds) and being on feet
City Heights/Weingart Branch Library
3795 Fairmont Ave
San Diego, CA 92105
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
· The City of San Diego is requiring all volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 1, 2021.
· Volunteer candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date in accordance with City policy. “Fully vaccinated” means a person has received, at least 14 days prior, either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. Acceptable COVID-19 vaccines must either be approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or authorized for emergency use by the FDA or the World Health Organization.
· Volunteer candidates who are selected for a volunteer opportunity will be required to provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination.
· Volunteers with a disability or medical condition that makes it medically inadvisable for them to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, as verified by their healthcare provider, or those with a sincerely held religious belief, observance, or practice that prevents them from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, may request reasonable accommodation and exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. Candidates who receive a conditional job offer and wish to make a request for accommodation will be provided with more information. The City will review requests for medical or religious accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act. A candidate’s start date may be adjusted to allow for the accommodation process.