Poetry and Creative Writing Group Coach
Poetry and Creative Writing Group Coach Volunteers help aspiring poets and writers create heartfelt, personal work they can be proud of in an emotionally safe environment.
Flexible Hours, 1-2 hours per week.
- Plan warm up writing exercises
- Prepare prompts
- Share examples of pertinent poetry and other fiction pieces
- Create writing activities
- Facilitate sharing of group members’ work
- Provide feedback
- Encourage members to collaborate and critique each others’ work
- A strong interest in poetry and creative writing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Great people skills
- Teaching experience preferred
- 18+ years old
- Background check
- Reference checks
- Annual trainings
- Opportunity training
- Site orientation
- Note: In-person volunteers are required to follow COVID-19 vaccination policy. Supervisor will provide updated information.
6 months - 1 year
Rancho Bernardo Branch Library
17110 Bernardo Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92128
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
· The City of San Diego is requiring all volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 1, 2021.
· Volunteer candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date in accordance with City policy. “Fully vaccinated” means a person has received, at least 14 days prior, either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. Acceptable COVID-19 vaccines must either be approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or authorized for emergency use by the FDA or the World Health Organization.
· Volunteer candidates who are selected for a volunteer opportunity will be required to provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination.
· Volunteers with a disability or medical condition that makes it medically inadvisable for them to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, as verified by their healthcare provider, or those with a sincerely held religious belief, observance, or practice that prevents them from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, may request reasonable accommodation and exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. Candidates who receive a conditional job offer and wish to make a request for accommodation will be provided with more information. The City will review requests for medical or religious accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act. A candidate’s start date may be adjusted to allow for the accommodation process.